# Testing Standard
Chevere tests are located at Chevere\Tests (opens new window) namespace
Software testing (opens new window) is the activity of checking software quality under a test. It is carried to ensure that the software system is free of errors. It helps to detect bugs, errors and missing requirements.
Testing is about make sure that the software behave as expected and that the software will responds in a predictable way every time.
# Testing Framework
- Tests should be compatible with the latest PHPUnit (opens new window) production release.\
- Code coverage requires to install pcov (opens new window).
- All components must be tested and covered
- Must be named with
- Must be located at
- Configuration for PHPUnit can be found at phpunit.xml (opens new window).
- Use configuration at phpunit-report.xml (opens new window) for testing with code coverage.
# Running tests
To run tests:
vendor/bin/phpunit -c phpunit.xml
To run tests with code coverage report at
vendor/bin/phpunit -c phpunit-report.xml
To run filtered tests use the
vendor/bin/phpunit -c phpunit-report.xml --filter ActionTest
Check PHPUnit Documentation (opens new window) for all available options.